We are living in one of the most exciting times in history when it comes to our health, wellbeing and lifestyle choices.
More and more people are now shifting their focus on happiness, balance, prevention and maximizing their vitality. They’ve adopted attitudes and lifestyles changes that improve health, prevent disease, enrich their quality of life and sense of wellbeing. In other words, wellness is proactive, and driven by self-responsibility.
Wellness is also multidimensional
- Self – Care
In the last several years, sexual wellness has been finally getting the proper attention it deserves for several reasons.
There has been a massive shift between millennials and Gen Zers who consider their sexual wellness part of their self-care.
Publications and news sites are more willing to publish sexual wellness content, as more brands have entered the market.
There are currently over 200+ sex related podcasts. During Covid Sex toy companies in Canada and around the world have recorded record sales.
What has remained a taboo topic for so long is now breaking barriers and into mainstream with as many subcategories as self-care.
Here are 5 Sexual Wellness Companies You’ve Probably Never Heard Of:
- Confident Lovers – Re-defining sexuality for singles and couples. A website dedicated to lovers who crave depth, pleasure, and connection. Sexual expression changes at different stages in our lives, it can be deep, unpredictable, experimental, playful, wild, awkward, uncertain, and full of mystery.
The more we experience and learn about sexuality the more we realize its unlimited potential. Increasing our sexual knowledge gives us the opportunity to explore sex in ways we didn’t realize was possible.
This site shines a light on all sorts of topics:
- Female Sexuality
- Male Sexuality
- Sexual Health
- Sexual History
- Erotic Touch
- Passionate Communication
And so much more.
2. Ohnut Wearable – the companies tagline is ‘Painful sex meets a feel- good buffer.’ Ohnut is a revolutionary wearable that allows couples to explore comfortable penetration depths during sex.
The founder created Ohnut from necessity of her own personal experience with painful sex. “The physical discomfort from sex made me feel like a failure—to myself and my partner.
So when I came up with the crazy idea to put a pink frosted donut on a penis… everything changed. I experienced not only physical relief but an emotional upheaval. I finally realized that it wasn’t my fault.”
Ohnut is an intimate wearable that can help you manage and potentially reduce pain during sex by allowing you to easily customize how deep penetration goes.
Worn externally at the base of a penetrating partner (e.g. on their shaft or on a toy), Ohnut compresses down to act as a soft buffer during sex. Each set comes with 4 linking rings that allow you to make simple adjustments, so you and your partner can not only discover comfort but also what depths feel really good—for both of you.
3. Smile Makers – Passionate about female sexual health and pleasure, this company is dedicated to bring sex out in the open. They believe that sex is a natural and enjoyable part of life and should be treated as such.
The founders have one criteria for everything related to their brand: They have to feel comfortable showing it to their mothers.
They create the best sensual and colorful products and only work with first-class suppliers with the strictest safety and quality standards to bring you premium 100% body-safe products.
4. Zalo – This is the only company that I’ve come across that focuses on building beautiful products that are eye catching aesthetic at the forefront of every piece.
With details like gold plating, jewelry-grade manual enamel processing, real Swarovski crystal touches every product is a feast for the eyes as much as it is your other senses.
ZALO is about bringing you never-before-seen features to the intimate product market to take your experience to the next level.
5. Let’s Get Checked – This company allows customers to access laboratory testing from the privacy of their home. They provide a variety of blood tests including:
- Female fertility tests
- Ovarian reserve tests
- Female hormone test
- HPV test
- Sexual health tests (from basic to complete)
This is just a small example of what they provide. Their website has a lot more information and how it works.