The modern world has transformed sex from being an issue of access to a need for fulfillment, deeper connection and inspiration to manifest our highest potential.
More and more people are waking up to the art of sexual ecstasy to reach higher states of consciousness, thus wanting to deepen our intimacy with ourselves and our lover.
In a world filled with speed, endless dating options, hookup culture, and hardcore porn, people find themselves having more sex but feeling unfulfilled.
What Is Conscious Sex?
A while back one of my friends said “My husband and I have sex down to a science, it’s a 3 – step process, we start with foreplay, then we have sex and then we take turns to orgasm.”
I remember thinking to myself, that sounds so boring and predictable. There is no element of mystery or surprise, that type of sex felt measured and a bit forced. What if the body doesn’t want to have an orgasm that day?
Conscious sex is not a new concept, but it is the key to discovering erotic bliss. It involves a heightened awareness of one’s own sensations, connection, and emotions during the experience.
It’s not focused on an outcome but rather on the connection between partners.
Conscious sex requires active engagement with one’s partner and being fully aware of one’s own feelings and boundaries. Communicating when necessary, while being attuned to nonverbal cues and body language.
Regular sex is usually measured by the intensity and quantity of stimulation followed by the success of orgasm.
5 Benefits To Practicing Conscious Sex
- Increased Intimacy: Practicing conscious sex requires an intentional focus on the heightened awareness of the sensations and emotions involved. This can help deepen your connection with your partner and foster a greater sense of intimacy.
- Enhanced Pleasure: When you are fully aware during sex, you may experience heightened sensations and increased pleasure. This can lead to a more fulfilling sexual experience for both you and your partner.
- Improved Communication: Conscious sex often requires clear communication with your partner about your needs, openness to try new things and boundaries. This can help you build stronger communication skills and a deeper understanding of each other’s preferences.
- Letting Go: Conscious sex helps you let go of worries and distractions, you can’t be in the moment or enjoying the lovemaking when you are lost in anxiety or stress. Being present helps you be more relaxed and relaxation is the key to fulfilling sex.
- Getting To Know You: By practicing conscious sex, you become more aware of your own body, sensations, and emotions. This increased self-awareness translates to other areas of your life, leading to greater overall well-being and a stronger sense of self.
According to the teachings of Indian spiritual teacher Paramahansa Yogananda, sex is a natural and normal part of human life.
It can be a source of physical pleasure and emotional connection. However, the energy generated during sexual activity can be harnessed and channeled in a more spiritual way through techniques like Kriya Yoga.
This practice helps practitioners achieve a state of inner peace and spiritual enlightenment.
Yogananda believed that sex energy, like all other energies in nature, is meant to be transmuted into a higher form.
When not thus transmuted and allowed to flow outward, it drains the body of vital energy and creates unrest in the mind. Thus, finding a balance between the physical and spiritual aspects of human sexuality is essential.
Conscious sex is about discovering the deeper connection and inspiration to manifest our highest potential.
It’s about being aware in the moment, cultivating the art of sexual ecstasy, and deepening intimacy with our lover. By harnessing and channeling sexual energy in a more spiritual way, we can achieve inner peace.