There’s an exciting link between sexual desire and the moon.
Ancient tribes would conduct elaborate fertility rituals when the moon was full. The moon was seen as a divine being that performed her monthly ritual of being born, growing to fruition and then dying.
The moon is associated with the 28-day menstrual cycle, yet it affects both men and women.
During the moon’s cycle, women experience heightened sexual desires – usually 1-2 weeks before their periods.
Men are also affected by a woman’s biological shift, although they don’t have the same shifts inside their bodies as women do.
Men respond to the moon’s cycles by having increased body sensations due to the chemical changes that are triggered in a woman’s body.
The Special Power of Sex During the New Moon
By it’s very nature, sexual energy and creative energy are one.
I remember during my Tao & Tantra workshop, the Tao master said, “If I want to write a book, I go have sex, because I get so much creative energy flowing through my body.”
The energy of the moon, in all of its phases, affects everything on the planet. Whether we are aware of it or not, it affects our:
- Bodies (our sexual activity)
So what exactly does the new moon have to do with our sexuality? The moon has always played a prominent part in people’s beliefs about sex and here is how the new moon affects women and men:
For Women The New Moon is:
- The most fertile (and therefore, the most creative) of the moon’s phases.
- A period of deep intuition and the perfect time for cultivating new ideas.
- A feeling of heightened sexual desire.
- It’s a guiding luminary in the cosmos, turning men on and off and on again, over and over and over.
- Some men will feel like having more sex where others will feel like their libido has completely disappeared. (This won’t last very long, maybe 3-5 days).
- A lot of men are more internally focused and less outwardly passionate during this time.
Since the beginning of time, humans have been following and honoring the different phases of the moon.
Studies of the lunar cycle and its effects on Earth were used to predict the best times to seed and harvest crops.
Still, there is much to be learned about our magical moon, its creative potential and mystifying link to our sexual desires.